Wednesday, February 5, 2014

HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY FACEBOOK!


"I'm not doing that!" I'd say with great indignation as friends tried to encourage  me to sign up for Facebook. "I have precious little time to spare as it is now," I'd reason.

As BEGOTTEN With Love came closer to a launch date and on the advice of my author friends, I began to realize the benefits of reaching out to more and more people through Facebook but what I didn't expect were the real benefits of this concept.

Renewed Friendships - This has been the number one blessing to me. Over the years, I've wondered and prayed for people who have drifted in and out of my life since grade school. We are an odd mix of humanity with differing views on so many topics and yet there is such a deep bond of love, admiration, and respect. Through Facebook, many of us have reconnected and it's brought immeasurable joy.

New Friendships - I've met so many new and beautiful people! I can't imagine life without them, now. It's been a great swap of stories, a smattering of recipes, some funny videos, and words of support and encouragement when needed.

Closer Family Ties - With the generational gap, it's hard to see beyond the age difference but through Facebook stronger bonds are formed, especially if you're shy. I love the fact that I can now smile at my nieces when we're together and know that we have something unique in common. Interests are learned and the beauty of the individual shines forth. Shared pictures of events, parties and favorite things from all my friends bring a smile to what may have been a less than stellar day.

I think this form of Social Media is amazing! Facebook for me is the best way to stay in touch.

Thank you, Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook employees and Happy Anniversary!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We hope you will visit us often and share our posts with your friends.